Microsoft Windows has seen modifications over time. Undeniably, Windows 10 is the most advanced version of all time, which Windows users have greatly appreciated. Users have reported that they are feeling comfortable with Windows 10 and it works smoother than the previous versions of Windows. But, some of them have also said that even though Windows 10 works fine there is an error message appearing on the screen saying This App Can’t Run on Your PC.
The error message is affecting a wide array of systems consequently appearing in different forms when you try to open an inbuilt default file application or third-party software. The error message does not show any causes or reasons behind it. The affected users continuously try to run the application, but the system prevents it from running. As mentioned before, the problem actually affects a wide array in a system. Consequentially other apps and programs are unable to run. The situation is frustrating as it prevents the completion of your important work.
You are facing the same error, and that is why you are here to find the solution. Unfortunately, the problem is quite difficult, but there are some methods that you would like to know in order to resolve the issue. Don’t worry and follow the steps to troubleshoot the error.
Here are methods fix “This App Can’t Run Error”
Run a System File Checker scan
- Open the Search box and type cmd.
- Select cmd. It will open the command prompt.
- Now, type sfc /scannow in the command prompt and hit Enter button
- The scan will find the damaged file, and it will repair them immediately.
Try Disabling SmartScreen
- Press Windows Key + S, and it will open the search box.
- Now, type SmartScreen in the search box.
- Press Enter from the keyboard.
- Go to Settings and click Apps and Browser Control.
- In the section, navigate to SmartScreen
- Now, select the Off option from the three given options.
- You will be prompted to provide the administrator approval.
- Click, Yes at the User Account Control tab.
Creating a new Administrator Account
- Press Windows Key + X and click Settings from the menu.
- Go to Accounts.
- Select Family & other users.
- Find the Other Users
- Now, click to Add Someone else to this PC option.
- Select the I don’t have this person’s sign-in information
- Choose the Add a user without a Microsoft Account
- Enter the name and password for the account.
- You will see a new account is generated in Other users
- Select the account and click on Change Account Type
- Select Administrator and click Ok.
Try opening the files and folders in the new account. If the problem is gone, then move your important data to this account.
An app not running in the system is frustrating for a user but following the appropriate steps will definitely help in eliminating the problem. You might be thinking to download a third party app from the internet, but the inbuilt tools provided in Windows are helpful to get rid of the issues. It is possible that you will not get the causes of the error message, but the methods mentioned above work efficiently to solve the problem.