McAfee is one of the most used antivirus solution providers and has been in use since the first look of the viruses. McAfee provides a full range of security products such as antivirus, firewall, and anti-spyware programs. McAfee Antivirus offers a collection of enhanced features that will keep your computer free from viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware and other malicious programs.
The McAfee account consists your personal information along with personal information about your subscription, which allows you to keep your software up to date by providing continuous virus definition updates. To delete your McAfee account, you must talk to a customer support representative by dialing the McAfee customer support number or by visiting McAfee.com/activate, and remove the software from your computer. The removal of antivirus security software might occur if the user is replacing the software with a different antivirus brand, as your computer will be vulnerable to spyware, viruses and other malicious software without Internet protection. If you install the other antivirus then first need to uninstall the McAfee antivirus from the system.
We are providing you the best procedure to uninstall the McAfee antivirus security software. The steps are given below for both the operating system i.e., Windows and Mac Book.
Procedure to Delete McAfee Antivirus Security from your Computer:-
- Click to Start McAfee account
- Then, Click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Open Settings and click on the gear-shaped icon in the lower-left side of the Start window option.
- Open Setting Window and click on the Apps Doing so opens a list of your currently installed apps.
- If you don’t see a list of your currently installed apps, confirm that you’re on the right tab by clicking Apps & features on the upper-left side of the window.
- Scroll down to the McAfee option. You’ll find the “McAfee Total Protection” heading in the “M” section of the menu.
- Click on the McAfee Total Protection.
- Then, click on the Uninstall.
- Now, click on the Uninstall when asked. You’ll see this option above the firstUninstall option.
- Then, click on the Yes button.
- Complete the uninstallation form. Complete it by doing the following:
- Check the “McAfee Total Protection” box carefully
- Check the “Remove all files for this program” box.
- Then, click on the blue Uninstall button.
- Then, click on the Uninstall again when prompted.
- Click Restart now. Once McAfee finishes uninstalling, you’ll be prompted to restart your computer. The process of uninstallation will be completed, and the McAfee will successfully remove from your computer.
- Re-enable Windows Defender if necessary. If you haven’t restarted your computer, Windows Defender might still be turned off. While it will eventually turn itself back on, you can speed up the process by doing the following:
- Open Start
- Type the word Windows defender
- Click Windows Defender Security Center
- Click Turn on if possible. If you see the green check marks next to the different security icons on the dashboard, then the Windows Defender is enabled.
- Open Spotlight on MacBook
- Click on the magnifying glass-shaped icon in the top-right corner of the screen to do so. A search bar will open in the middle of the screen.
- Search for Terminal and type terminal into the search bar in the middle of the screen.
- Once it appears, double-click on the Terminal result and the Terminal window will open on the screen.
- Enter the uninstall command. Type in sudo /Library/McAfee/cma/scripts/uninstall.sh and press Return.
- Enter your administrator password if prompted. If you see a “Password” line appear, type in the password that you use to log into your Mac’s administrator account, then press Return option.
- Follow the on-screen prompts. While the uninstall command should prompt McAfee to begin uninstalling automatically, you may have to confirm the uninstallation by navigating through a pop-up window.
- Restart your computer system. After restarting the system, the antivirus automatically removes from the system.
The above-mentioned procedure will surely work. This process is very easy and less time taken and fewer efforts. But if still, you are in trouble then contact the McAfee customer support. The experts are qualified professionals and available 24*7 to assist you. For quick assistance, dial the toll-free number of McAfee customer support or visit www.McAfee.com/activate to get instant support.