Learn How to Fix Common McAfee Errors?
In today’s world, data security is of paramount concern. With hackers and cyber threats lurking everywhere, it is essential to have a strong and reliable antivirus solution on the computer system. McAfee antivirus is a reputed antivirus software which provides complete protection for the computer and other devices. Users of McAfee may face errors while using the product. While most of the errors are easy to fix, if you need help regarding McAfee error, you may visit McAfee.com/activate.
Here are some common McAfee errors and how to fix them:
Steps to fix McAfee Error 0xc004f017
Step 1: Restart the computer system
Step 2: Scan the files and programs of the computer.
Scanning the files and programs will resolve the error 0xc004f017 in the best possible manner. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the Start taskbar menu and click on it.
- Go to the search bar.
- Type “Command Prompt” in the open field.
- In the command prompt window, enter sfc/scannow
- Wait for the scanning tool to scan the entire files and programs on the computer system.
Step 3: Use an Anti-Malware software
Install and update ant antimalware, antispyware or anti-adware tool.
Step 4: Update device drivers and managers by using Windows Update
Follow these steps to download and install driver updates automatically:
- Go to settings.
- Click Update and security.
- Go to Windows Update.
- Click on the button for Check for updates.
To update drivers by using Device Manager, follow these steps:
- Go to start.
- Locate Device Manager and click on it.
- Click on the category you wish to update.
- Right-click and select Update Driver from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Search automatically option.
- Let the update process be complete.
Steps to fix McAfee Error ox80071ac3
Step 1: Disable other Security applications
You need to disable third-party security software and other security apps which are not of McAfee from your system.
Step 2: Reboot the computer system.
Step 3: Run the chkdsk command
- Go to Start
- Click to open the Windows Explorer.
- On the left corner of the window, click on Computer.
- In the Hard Disk Drives tab, right click on the category you want to check for errors.
- Go to Properties.
- Click on the Tools tab.
- In the section for error checking, click on Check now.
Step 4: Do a new windows Installation.
You have to do a fresh installation of Windows on your computer system.
Steps to fix McAfee Error 80080053
Step 1: Restart the computer system.
Step 2: Run the Cleanmgr command
- Go to the Start menu.
- In the box type Run command.
- The Run dialog box will appear on the screen.
- In the Run dialog box, type Command Prompt.
- The Command Prompt Window will come on the screen.
- Move your cursor to the black window box.
- Type c:\windows\SYSTEM32\cleanmgr.exe /dDrive in the black box.
Step 3: Update the system Windows
- Click on start.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Use the small icons view.
- Click to open Windows update
- Click on System and Security if you are using category view. Then click on Windows Update.
- Let the windows updates check for the available updates. Install all the essential updates available.
Steps to fix McAfee Error 0
Step 1: Reinstall the McAfee Product.
Step 2: Run the Pre-install tool
- Download and save the pre-install tool.
- Click on the installer file and follow the on-screen prompts.
- In the warning dialog box, click OK to agree to the changes.
- Click OK when the Preinstall tool is completed.
- Click close.
- Restart the computer.
Step 3: Run virtual Technician
- Go to Troubleshoot and Repair window
- Click on download and Run
- Open the mvt.exe file to start the McAfee Virtual Assistant.
- Allow the MVT to run by clicking yes.
- Wait for the initialization and installation process to complete.
- MVT will scan the computer for issues and errors regarding the McAfee product.
- Click on Autofix of any issue is found.
- If there are no issues then close the MVT window.
Step 4: Download McAfee software again.
- Use a different web browser for downloading the McAfee security product package.
- Try the installation again by using the new installation package.
Step 5: Fix the DNS issues
Sometimes this error comes up when the DNS is slow. Try to change the DNS settings on the network card to a public server, it might fix the issue.
If you have recently bought a McAfee product then visit www.McAfee.com/Activate for McAfee product key activation.